Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Just a few pieces of me


So I feel like I jumped into this whole blog thing too fast and I wanted to take a step back and post a little bit about myself. I guess you can say that these are just some details about me that the average person wouldn’t know, and some of these things drive me in my writing, my thinking, and how I approach life every day.

If you know most of these things already, you’re probably a very good friend who I can have great conversations with and you share an important part in my life, and I’d like to take this moment to say how grateful I am that you are a part of it :)
  • I like to keep myself very busy. Sometimes I end up taking on more than I can handle.
  • A professor once told me I’m too ambitious. I just want to do so much in life! I want to be a lawyer, a professor, and a bakery-owner. I also want to write on the side.
  • I’m big on women’s empowerment. I want to be a strong, successful, independent woman one day. That’s my main goal.
  • I’ve become really interested in human rights issues recently, and hopefully one day I can be a lawyer who can really help people who need it.
  • Writing has always been a passion of mine.
  • I avoid confrontation. It’s probably my biggest weakness.
  • I hate holding grudges; I think life is too short for that. So I always try to forgive.
  • I tend to bottle everything up. And I don’t open up to a lot of people.
  • I’m very big on honesty.
  • I don’t believe in earning trust. I will trust a person unconditionally until they give me a reason not to.
  • I like having deep, philosophical conversations with people. It makes life so much more interesting.
  • I’m a good listener. People always tell me their problems, and I like to help fix them. I’m a big pep-talker.
  • I don't like to curse and rarely ever do.
  • People tell me I’m too nice which sort of makes me scared people won’t take me seriously as a lawyer.
  • My biggest pet peeves: ignorance, bad spelling and grammar, and lateness.
  • My biggest fear is that I’ll die alone.
  • I truly believe that if you want something badly enough, you can make it happen.
  • I won’t change myself to please anyone. I want to be accepted for the way I am.
  • Faith plays a very big role in my life.
  • I don’t give my heart away easily. But if I do, it’s completely.
  • I’m a very straightforward kind of girl. It annoys me when people play games.
  • I find intelligence really attractive.
  • I’m really loud. Which is funny, because I’m really shy when I first meet people.
  • I’ve been told I smile a lot. And I laugh at everything.
  • I make life decisions in the shower.
  • Dancing is one of my favorite hobbies.
  • I love being creative. I love graphic design, decorating cakes, and making jewelry.
  • I’m a klutz. And I get really happy when people tell me otherwise.
  • I think chocolate really does have curing powers.
  • I love diversity. I love accents, cultures, exotic foods, and most of all, I love NYC because it’s just bubbling with diversity.
  • As cliché as it sounds, I want to travel around the world.
  • I was fortunate enough to meet some amazing people in my life so far, and I’ve developed a really good circle of friends, and they’ve definitely influenced my life in great ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment